Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Skinfood Good Afternoon - Honey Black Tea BB Cream (review) + I'M LATE makeup tutorial

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to beauty and skincare and I'm not that good at makeup anyway so when I first heard of BB creams (y'know, when everyone and their mum was writing about them some years ago) I was over the moon. I decided to see what the fuss was about and got a Korean BB cream.

I went for two different ones by Missha (Perfect Cover and Signature Real). I was happy with both for months until I realised that I was applying SPF40 plus whitener products on my skin which is no-no for me :( I want to keep my tan please! I do recommend Missha Perfect Cover if you are not bothered by this because they have a wider range of shades for darker skin and/or yellow undertones. Signature Real is only okay for lighter skin tones than mine.

Anywho, trying to look for a good BB cream without whitener was FRUSTRATING. But finally someone recommended the Skinfood Good Afternoon range! I found someone who sells it on eBay for just £5 which is very reasonable.

Now this is quite a nice BB cream if you aren't looking for crazy coverage, or if you have pretty good skin already and just need something to even out your skin tone. I really love that just using a tiny bit makes me instantly look more awake and 'fresh'. It is slightly too light for me, so I do have to set the BB cream with some loose powder. The powder tones down the 'dewy' effect and makes the BB cream match my skin a bit better.

Snapshot 2 (04-06-2015 02-51)-tile

So this is my basic, basic makeup routine. I do this when I'm in a massive rush, or on the go if I have a secluded seat on the train (aka the I'M LATE makeup look, or the Basic of Basics for Makeup Noobies). It is pretty minimalistic, but it only takes about five minutes to apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment