Monday, January 27, 2020

A weekend with with Velvet Gyarusa!

HELLO, long time no see!  I have been an absolute disgrace when it comes to my plans of reviving this blog, so I am hoping to do better in the coming months! I have been inspired by Georgie and Emi, who blog in the early 2000s casual style about their daily gyaru life and meet-ups (when am I not inspired by Akipoyo gals though?). Lets see if I can keep it up somewhat!

Excitement.
Last weekend I went to visit Velvet gyarusa in The Netherlands! I first met Chris, Ria and Wes during the 2019 Gyaru Jubilee last August, where I shared a flat with them and other gals! They planned a weekend full of activities and surprises, it went by too fast... unfortunately Ria didn't have time to meet us but I hope to see her again soon as well <3

On Thursday we went to a glow-in-the-dark mini golf which was super fun, although we didn't take too seriously until we started betting against each other lol. But Friday was THE BIG DAY. I have wanted to visit Efteling for years and years now, and it FINALLY HAPPENED!!!
Efteling is a beautiful, fantasy themed amusement park. Most of the attractions are based around fairy tales by Hans Christian Andersen, the Grimm Brothers etc. with attractions and dioramas designed by the painter Anton Pieck and Peter Reijnders.

 The park opened in the 50s and is incredibly charming. We were super lucky because it didn't rain and it was practically empty... we queued exactly 0 times in the entire visit. Even so, it took the whole day to be able to see everything the park has to offer, and we still missed out a couple of attractions ∑(゚ロ゚〃) 

My camera is scared of the dark.
Here be royalty.
Because of the season not all big rides were open, like the famous Flying Dutchman, but we did go on the roller-coasters that were! (which I spent clutching Chris' hand haha ^^). I love that every ride is based on a different fairy tale! My favourite have to be Vogel Rok (which took me totally by surprise!) and Droomvlucht, a dark ride where you see different scenes in fairyland. It was breathtaking, especially the last part when you speed down a troll forest... I liked so much we went on this one twice <3

Chris pisses off a dragon.
 Outfit of the Day:



Coat: Lodispotto / Blouse: Stradivarius / Skirt: Taobao / Belt: Skinny Lip (DIY) / Boots: Zapatos VAS

 I really recommend visiting Efteling if you are ever in The Netherlands! I'd really love to visit in the summer season when all the rides are open and there are more characters, if I can avoid the queues somehow!


 The day ended chilling at Chris', watching Disenchantment and eating their mum's wonderful Greek food. SUPER GOOD!

On Saturday we decided to visit Maastricht, a city in the very south of The Netherlands where a good friend of mine lives! Maastricht is super pretty, and it was really lovely to walk around the small cobbled streets at night, eating warm waffles. Plus I got to drag Wes to his first ever classical concert... we watched Stravinky's Rite of Spring which is pretty metal xD

I had an AMAZING time, can't wait to see you all again soon at the Plutonium International Winter Meet in March! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

xx Shin (@majisuka.shin)

NOTE: Thank you Chris for letting me steal most of your photos!!

6 comments:

  1. Yaaaayyyyy please blog moreeee plsss;0; I want more gal blogs to read<33

    When I was 13 I think I went to Efteling and I remember it was MAGICAL*+~*+ I really wish to go there again someday!
    Looks like u guys had lots of fun<33 I really hope I can come to the plutonium meet and see u again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayyy thank you, I'll do my best!!! 💪🏽 I hope you can make it to Dusseldorf that would be awesome!

      Delete
  2. i'm glad you had a lot of fun! Georgie and Emi have been inspiring be to blog again too and now so are you!
    I look forward to reading more of your entries soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so late to this but omg yes please blog more!!! I need more gyaru in my life <3

    You all look wonderful!

    And I really want to go to this park xD
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    ReplyDelete