Sunday, May 26, 2019

Spring-Summer 2019 Haul: Alba Rosa, Liz Lisa & More!

Hello gals! I wanted to share my latest haul from Mercari, Fril Japan and some local thrift stores!



I am obsessed with the old school ganguro look from the 90s at the moment, especially the sleeveless top + pencil skirt silhouette, paired with platforms. I have started collecting anything and everything with tropical, hibiscus, or banana leaf prints, with bright colours like teal and yellow, but especially all shades of orange, from corals to burnt orange, as I'm loving its warm contrast with my tanned skin.



As usual I ordered everything from Mercari and Fril Japan through JPShopping (JSS). They are my favourite shopping service, cheap, fast and so far very reliable. I also like their customer service, most questions are answered pretty promptly via email, and refunds are also done immediately. They did make a mistake with this order and forgot to pack an item, but instead of refunding me they are sending it for free!

Alba Rosa Denim Skirts: It has been a while coming but I am officially graduating from short shorts. One reason is that I don't fit into most of the ones I own anymore (bahaha) and instead of buying new ones I decided to replace them with these two beautifully made denim skirts from Alba Rosa.

I think pencil skirts are very flattering and extremely versatile, and they are exactly what I wanted to recreate that 90s ganguro look! The only issue is that unfortunately these are a Size 2, so I will have to have them taken in a bit at the waist since they are slightly wide for me.






Alba Rosa Teal&Orange Set: These four items were being sold as a set by the same seller, and I immediately fell in love with the colours and the combinations possible! I have the same issues as 
with the denim skirts with the orange denim: being a Size 2, is is slightly too big on me. The hibiscus skirt on the other hand is a Size 1 and fits perfectly.


D.I.A Saike Tops: My second D.I.A items (first was the infamous moon belt) which I purchased with some encouragement from @motokomori. It has been ages since I wore this style of halter top (if ever) and I was unsure whether it would suit me, but of course me being me I wanted them in both colourways I came across! I am looking forward to experimenting with the sexier/2000s styles with these.


Liz Lisa Blouses + Himekaji accesories: On a different flavor now, some Himekaji purchases. Both blouses are Liz Lisa, the backpack is from H&M Divided, hat and shoes from Aliexpress. Both backpack and the shoes are a bit too plain and I have plans to bling them up with bows and lace.

Tropical Sleeveless Blouse + Neon Peplum Dress: both thrifted. I love thrift and charity shops and I wish they were more widespread in my city! Our local Emmaus (in Jantorget) has a pretty wide range of clothing styles and I have found great items most times I decide to pop in. I am planning on sewing a couple of invisible hooks so I can use the detachable straps from the orange D.I.A top before with this dress <3

Next post will be a Spring-Summer 2019 Lookbook featuring all of these items! I think it will be useful to see how they fit and the coordination possibilities.

I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for reading! <3
@majisuka.shin

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with everything! 💖 And I'm completely sure all will suit you perfectly. I'm always thingking about doing haul posts with new arrivals but thought it would look plain, however I love your post and I really enjoyed reading it. 😭❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think next time I will include try-on photos, I think that will make it more interesting as well!

      Delete