Sunday, August 15, 2021

Current Boom & Wardrobe Revival (Part 1)

Hello gals! Today I bring you a bit of a rambly post. Its been a weird period style wise for me because I've been feeling really low about my gyaru looks for the past two years or so, recently because of the pandemic blues but mainly because I was kinda lost about what I wanted to look like. So I want to talk a bit about the changes that have made my excitement for gal come back for me ✨

(source)

1) Finding My Boom:
I love love OTT looks and I was hella set on making dededooo's cyber gal style work for me... long story short: it was a huge waste of time and and frustration to the point I sold half my clothes and wondered whether I was just over gyaru. THANKFULLY I just realised it was the style that wasn't doing it for me. I think we all admire the guts and originality and spark that hardcore gyaru have... but I just don't feel cute in super extreme makeup! AND THAT IS OKAY. I wish I had realised this 1000 years ago, jeez.

(source)
Instead, I've kinda gone the opposite and been inspired by Reiwa gals, especially those with dark hair like @yuuramomo! The outfits are a lot more simple (and easier to thrift), and they also work with wearing less accessories, which fits into my natural style as I've never been big on wearing much more than earrings or pendants.

Mesh top: Aliexpress; Top & Shorts: Bershka (2nd hand); Belt: d.i.a (2nd hand)

2) Gyaru x Black Hair:
I've worn my hair in a million colours for 10 years or so and it was damaged as hell, so in August 2020 I decided to shave it all off. It was super fun and I recommend everyone try at least once in their lives! Since then my hair has grown out super healthy and I'm really enjoying its natural texture... thanks to the CG method and better hair practices, it is growing a lot curlier than I expected. However I kinda struggle feeling gal with black hair. It isn't till I lightened my fringe and side pieces that I finally felt happy looking in the mirror, and its done a huge difference to my productivity as gyaru.

3) Shaving My Eyebrows:
The one thing we never want to deal with as newbies and would instantly change our makeup game. I have naturally arched eyebrows and absolutely love them, but holy s* did my makeup game change when I finally decided to pluck the tail away and trim most of the volume. Someone go back to 2015 and smack newbie Shin for me!

(now & before)

So that's it! The three main reasons I'm currently enjoying gyaru to the fullest again. In Part 2 I want to show you the last step I took, which was reviving my wardrobe with mostly 2nd hand shopping!

Thank you for reading 💜
xx Shin

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaay so happy to see you blogging again!
    And I'm glad you were able to find a style you are comfortable with, despite the journey you had to take (I know what it's like to buy a bunch of clothes and look back with regret ;;). And yay for enjoying gal to the fullest! <333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm really really happy, isn't it so nice when you finally look into the mirror and think "this is just right!" <3

      Delete