Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Deito with Chris 💜

Hello gals! I wanted to share some photos with you from my trip to The Netherlands ✈💜




@_lamiann and me had planned to attend AnimeCon and cosplay together, but all that was thrown out the window thanks to Omicron 😢 Since my flights were booked to Rotterdam where the convention was going to happen and it was impossible (ahem, expensive) to change them, I decided to just take a train to Eindhoven from there.

This, dear gals, turned out to be stressful as hell. When I got to Rotterdam Airport at 22:50 I was told by a taxi driver outside that the last train did not, in fact, leave at 01:00 like the internet had promised me, but in less than 30min from then!! 😱 At first I thought he was trying to get me to pay for a taxi I didn't need, but I'm really glad I listened... thanks to him, the empty roads and some helpful staff at the station who pointed me in the right direction I got to the train just a minute before it left and did not end up sleeping in the streets lol.

ANYWAY it was so good to see Chris again 💜 After a good catch up and some sleep we got up & ready to have a wander around Eindhoven!


Eindhoven is really cute and it was fun to explore a bit in the cold. There were some stalls in the street selling vinyls and we also visited the manga shop because I wanted to try getting a present for my partner. But of course the thing I was most interested in was the food!




I didn't know The Netherlands was well known for their snacks so Chris took me to a snack place and we had fun trying a bit of everything! I haven't eaten a lot of Dutch food and its pretty different (and yummy). My favourite was a type of sausage (Frikandellen) and the peanut/satay sauce that came with the fries, but everything else was super good too!


We washed it all away with some bubble tea. I'm soo jealous of the proper bubble tea shops in Eindhoven. We have a couple in my city but they serve very basic flavours and no brown sugar / cheese drinks :(


Afterwards we did some food shopping and went back home to make dinner (katsu curry) and get ready for a house party with Chris' Parapara friends 💜 AnimeCon was streaming the DJs that would have been playing at the con rave and it was a bit sad, it would have been epic to dance properly after a year of almost no going out. Not that I can parapara 😂


Unfortunately I was super hangover on Sunday and just spent the day feeling sorry for myself. We ordered sushi (my 100% hangover cure) and it was soon time to get back to the airport. I really hope I can visit again when COVId-19 gives us a break and it's safe to do so!

💜💜💜
xx Shin

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you both still had such a fun time despite all the misshaps! You both look adorable and I hope I can join you both one day for curry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek the beginning of your trip sounded super super stressful, but I'm glad that you had a good time with Chris in the end <3333 And gosh yeah I wish we had good bubble tea places around here too ;;

    ReplyDelete