Sunday, June 12, 2022

Animecon 2022


AnimeCon was originally meant to happen last December, but who is complaining? I got to travel to The Netherlands and visit my fave person again πŸ’œ


This time my journey was super smooth! In spite of my previous experiences, I have to say that trains in The Netherlands are pretty well organised. Since I already have an OV card I just needed to top it up at the airport and hop on to the Intercity that would take me from Eindhoven all the way to Rijswijk! I pronounced this totally wrong when I asked the station staff for directions (oops), but it was very easy to get there.

Snacking on the train πŸͺ

@_lamiann and me got a hotel super near the venue, so I headed straight there and we started getting ready for our first day at the con!


Day 1: My Dress Up Darling

We wanted to do something easy for the first day, and what other perfect casual cosplay is there for gyaru than My Dress Up Darling? Chris is the perfect Marin, and I had a lot of fun being Nowa! I was meant to wear red pony extensions but I couldn't get red dye on time so I used my natural hair.

Para2Fine Workshop

First thing we did was to head to @Para2Fine's Para Para Dance Workshop. It was suuper fun! I don't do para para a lot but I'd really love to learn more routines because its just super fun to do in a group. I loved how we all danced together in a circle at the end which is apparently how its done in Japanese clubs.


Dealer Room

Arcade! πŸ’œ

We then checked out the entire venue and played some games before leaving to have dinner in the city centre with @sachusugar and @the_duchess. AND OMG THE FOOD!

Crispy Duck!

We had dim sum, crispy duck, pork belly, cucumber and it was all so so good. I could have gone back daily just to eat that crispy duck over and over I swear.

I had to have my Irish Coffee before going out ofc

And then it was time to head back and get ready for the night!

Getting ready!

Sadly the party on Friday was suuper dead, in spite of our best efforts, so we decided to pack it in early and go to bed.



Day 2: Danganronpa

I'm definitely feeling my 30s, because my back decided to give in at 6am and I was in so much pain I woke everyone up πŸ˜… I've slept on a carpet after a night out before, but apparently now even sleeping sideways is a no-no. Anyway, after a slow trip to the pharmacy with my wonderful nurse @the_duchess, I came back armed with painkillers, creams and a heat pack πŸ˜‚ And it was time to dress up in our main cosplays!


I'm pretty proud of how my Angie Yonaga turned out, although I do want to make improvements to make it more accurate for next time! Also super thank you to Chris for cutting the bangs on my wig, it looks 100x better than anything I would have done.

I'm absolutely horrible at being in front of the camera so there aren't a lot of photos but I'm glad I posed for some at least!

with Jeroen! πŸ’œ

Karaoke Room 🎀

The main day was definitely Saturday because the con was packed! We spent the day hanging out and ended up in the karaoke room hyping everyone up πŸ˜‚ We then had dinner at McDonald's before going back to the hotel to get ready for the party.

Saturday Night coord πŸ’œ

Deshima Sounds was incredible!! I want to move to The Netherlands now, the music is just so damn good!! Seeing all the para-lists dance together with the Eurobeat set was super cool, and I'm just a sucker for techno and hard style so yeah 😍 I was happyy.

We danced so much my extensions fell off lol




Day 3: Chill

Sadly the third day was a very short one since I had to leave at lunchtime to get to my flight on time. I packed my things and we spent some time at the arcade again before I headed out.


I really like my airport coord so here you go πŸ’œThank you so much Chris as always, I hope we get to see each other more often! And thank you to everyone I met and made my weekend so fun. I'm definitely going to come over again soon!

xx
Ran

2 comments:

  1. Uola!

    He tenido que buscar quΓ© era Dress Up my darling ahhaha. La escena paralist/eurobeat de ahΓ­ es superpotente, que envidia!

    Por otra parte, yo hubiese terminado en un hospital durmiendo en una alfombra xd es como megapunk pero tb megadangerous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bua es que es brutal! Es super divertido cuando hay tanta gente!

      La verdad es que yo pensaba que igual tenia que ir al medico xD Menos mal que al final se me paso con ibuprofeno y el pack de calor jajaja estoy muy vieja xD

      Delete