Thursday, September 9, 2021

Gyaru 109 Month: Gyaru 109 Meme!

As part of Gyaru 109 Month I wanted to participate in the first blogging challenge!

 ✨ GAL 109 MEME ✨


πŸ’œ Name / Gyaru Nickname and Country.

My internet name is Shin and I'm from the Basque Country (Spain).

πŸ’œ Since when are you gyaru?

2015 I think! I went to university in London in 2010 and discovered jfashion whilst living there, and gyaru specifically around 2015.

πŸ’œ How did you discover the style?

I've spoken about it with more detail in my post about my gyaru beginnings, but I was out for bubble tea with friends when Chewiee (Chewieepon) joined us and I was totally dazzled, I was like, who is this girl, look at her crazy nails, I love her confidence and wildness, damn, how have I never noticed this style before? Soon after I also saw her and Lizzie (Hellolizziebee) in Hyper Japan, and I was sold! ✨

πŸ’œ What's your current substyle? Why do you like it?

I'm currently more of a Reiwa gal and generally speaking wear gyaru-kei rather than a specific substyle.

πŸ’œ What are your current booms?

Neons, leather, tattoos, combat boots, lots of silver jewellery.

πŸ’œ Share 3 of your fav codes. Why do you like them so much?

I have too many but I'll share some from a few years back for a change! I feel I was more adventurous with clothes, even if my makeup wasn't as good! Nowadays I don't like wearing heels or platforms cause I get tired so easily πŸ˜… I hope I can transmit the energy I had with my clothes again!

πŸ’œ Share 3 things your learned during your gyaru journey.

1) Being more confident!

2) Doing full makeup lol. All I had managed to learn before I got into gyaru was doing a cat eye and little else πŸ˜…

3) Thanks to being part of Papillon Magazine, loads of Photoshop & video editing skills I didn't have before!

πŸ’œ Share 3 gaijin gals and 3 Japanese gals you look up to.

I can't mention just three! Of course my Papillon gals especially Lala, Lea, Hale & Cattea because we manage to put out an amazing project for two years now, and Chris (@_lamiann) and Motoko (@motokomori) for being my gyaru elder siblings and best gal friends!

As for Japanese gals, I love @yuuramomo and @dededooo the most πŸ’œ

πŸ’œ What's your favourite gyaru memory?

Definitely my first international meet in 2018 (Gyaru Jubilee!) when I got to meet most of the gyaru I admire and party with them. And singing our special AirBnB song at the karaoke that weekend was the best haha ✨

πŸ’œ What would do advice to people who want to start in the style but doesn't have the courage yet?

DO IT! Just do it. Don't live a life with regrets. You will find confidence, a powerful way to express yourself and amazing friends in gyaru! ✨

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Thank you for reading!
xx Shin

6 comments:

  1. Your fits are so cool and I love your hair! I found gyaru because of Lizzie. She started so many of us out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! yess its so nostalgic to think of my London days! I miss being surrounded by a big jfashion crowd! I'm so thankful the online comm has revived haha <3

      Delete
  2. *___* me lo estoy pasando genial leyendo estos posts de Gyaru Memes, asΓ­ os conozco un poquito mejor a todxs <333 por cierto me flipan los outifts! creo que el estilo que sigues ahora te sienta fenomenal, estΓ‘s guapΓ­sima!

    Muxu baaaat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. moltes gracies guapisima! a mi tb me esta encantando la serie!!

      Delete
  3. ¿Me explicas esos tres outfitazos? Las plataformas + minifaldas quedan super bien! ¡No tenΓ­a ni idea que habΓ­as conocido el rollo en UK! PensΓ© que venΓ­as preparada ya de Supein <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaahhhhh eskerrik asko!! <3 mi mejor momento en cuanto a ropa al menos jajaja

      y que vaa me perdi todo lo divertido de adolescente, no tenia mucho acceso a gente alt(?)... en la uni ya al tener mas independencia y estando rodeada de todo el lado fashion en Londres era cuestion de tiempo que gravitara al jfashion como friki que soy xD

      Delete